Bootcamp for Talents of Social Innovation 2021
Photo Credit: Nachai Sorasee
“Bootcamp for Talents of Social Innovation 2021” is one of the major activities organised by BESGO for this year. The objective of this bootcamp, as an induction, aims at nurturing a new generation of talents who are interested in exploring the potential to contributing their bits in sculpting a better society through the impact brought by social innovation (SI), social entrepreneurship (SE), corporate social responsibility (CSR) and creating shared value (CSV). From early March to mid May of this year, there will be a series of activities for participants to thoroughly investigate what social innovation is all about.
The four investigative occasions are composed of two workshops and two field studies. The contents offer a fine coverage to the followings and more:
- introduction to the common conceptual knowledge of SI, SE, CSR and CSV
- the impact of SI, SE, CSR and CSV on the development of society and the shaping of businesses
- tactful balancing between social mission and interest of stakeholders’ interests
- key integration of social entrepreneurial knowledge and business decision-making
- effective steps in improving the quality of life of the local community, society and environment
- innovative ways to solving the problems of major social issues
During the bootcamp, through the production of a vlog from business interview, participants will be offered an invaluable opportunity to taking a closer look of social enterprises’ detailed operations and having in-depth dialogues with the founders and CEOs.
Medium of Instruction:
|5 Mar 2021 (Fri) 18:30 – 20:30||Workshop 1: Understanding Our Society |
– Hong Kong Urban Social Challenges, Present and Future
|13 Mar 2021 (Sat) 10:30 – 12:30||Visit 1: Discovering Our Society|
– Sham Shui Po Visit – Treasure Hunt
|26 Mar 2021 (Fri) 16:00 – 18:30||Visit 2: Future Talents of Impact Economy|
– Sharing and Workshop by Practitioners
|9 Apr 2021 (Fri) 18:30 – 20:30||Workshop 2: Corporate Go Social – CSV|
– Letting Business to Do the Social Good
|April – late May||Interview and Vlog Production|
Best performer(s) will be given priority consideration for Social Leaders Programme, SVhk’s annual summer internship.
Please complete the online application form by 5pm, 19 Feb 2021 (Fri).
Link to online application form: https://cloud.itsc.cuhk.edu.hk/webform/view.php?id=12020790
- This bootcamp corresponds to a one-credit course to be offered during the summer semester of academic year 2020/21.